Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thoughts thus far....

So we have been here for a little over 5 weeks now and what an interesting 5 weeks it has been!

We have furnished the house, connected to the world again via phone and internet, found our way around town both by foot and public transportation, made three trips into the City of London, the kids have started school and are making friends, I have begun to meet moms and make friends of my own, Ryan is using the potty, Mandy is starting to read on her own, Keith is shaking things up in the UK and moving things in the right direction, and we have found a babysitter!!! Not bad for only 5 weeks in a new country!!!

Here are some pictures of the house with furniture in it!

Kitchen/Sunroom




Laundry/Utility Room



Livingroom/Playroom




Ryan's Room



Mandy's Room




Our Room


Third Floor



So what have I learned in my 5 weeks abroad....

I've learned that food in England doesn't taste as bad as people tell you...
I've learned that walking the kids to school in the rain sucks...
I've learned not to over buy at the grocery store because I have to carry it all home...
I've learned that I miss my Acadia...a lot...
I've learned that Dunkin Donuts is a great place afterall...
I've learned that everything moves at such a slooooow pace here...
I've learned that less really is sometimes more...
I've learned that slowing down can sometimes be a good thing...
I've learned that nightly family dinners around a kitchen table make our family stronger...
I've been reminded that my kids are the most amazing little sponges who are taking every bit of their new life in...
I've been reminded that my husband is intelligent, capable, strong and a great father & husband...
I've been reminded that I am more capable than I think I am...
I've been reminded how lucky I am to have the loving family and friends that I have in my life...
Finally, I have learned that sometimes the scariest change can turn out to be an amazing opportunity in disguise.

1 comment:

  1. YAYAYAYAYA! So happy to read about your happiness. xoxo, Ali

    ReplyDelete