Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ryan's Blog

So I thought it was time for me to write a little in our blog on our London move.   Heather and the kids have placed a lot of faith in this decision to journey far away from our families, friends, and comfort of Connecticut.  I always had faith that we would adjust well, as tough as it might be initially, to this new way of life.  But I have to admit I am impressed with how well we have settled right in.   It's been a cool experience thus far.  And we're only at the very beginning......

Heather has posted about the kids and like any proud parent, bragged about them.  It's my turn, and today it was about my boy Ryan.   Like Mandy, the little guy has stepped up.   He had a big 24 hours - went on the poddy for the first time both #1 AND #2 (although #2 did get interesting, won't comment on that), and then woke up and attended his first day of nursery school with his new British classmates.   Ryan is an interesting kid, it's been great watching him grow and demand his independence.   He's a stubborn little dude but also very chill when he needs to be.  I'm not predicting it but he'll crush some heads on the gridiron someday.

Last but not least, it's been comforting to see Heather start to settle in.   Leaving a close family and tight set of friends to a new world without her Acadia and without a Dunkin Donuts, well, that says it all.   We have had our sad moments here, but the experience has already brought us closer together as a family.   Above and beyond the opportunity to work in the UK was the real reason to do this - to grow together.  I must admit I had never previously desired to work (or live) internationally,  but now that we've taken advantage of this opportunity, it really makes me appreciate everything I have back in the US and all we take for granted, very eye-opening.....

Until next time.   Oh, and good to see the Cowboys wake up and make a change.   I'm rooting for Jason Garrett.  
Keith
 
Ready for school


 



All Done With Day One!



No comments:

Post a Comment