Monday, November 1, 2010

She Continues to Amaze Me!

So any of you who truly know me, know that my two children are complete miracles to me. I am so grateful to have them in my life, even on the most difficult of days.....

Since the day she was born, Mandy has shown us her fight and determination, she has shown us how completely strong willed and stubborn she can be, but she has also shown us that she can make friends, embrace new situations and love those close to her with that same fierce drive.

Today Mandy had her first day of school, for the second time this year. She was excited and eager to get out the door, she rode her scooter all the way to school (even after taking a header 50 feet from our house), and  when we arrived, she gave me two big kisses and said "Have a good day Mom" as she walked away holding her new teacher's hand. Seriously??!!

She is so much braver than I will ever be.

When I picked her up at the end of the day she was all smiles. Her teacher, Ms. Tucker said "She had a brilliant day, and fashioned herself right into the class." Way to go Mandy!!! She even made fast friends with a girl named Kathryn, who is also from the US.

I have had many days in the past where I have said "God, I could never be more proud of her than I am today." Well, today I said, " God, I could never be more proud of her than I am today." I am sure I will be saying that phrase many more times in the years to come!

Mandy, you continue to amaze me every day with how much you have grown and matured in the few weeks we have been here. I am so proud of you and love you with all my heart.

Here are a few pictures of her on her first day of school ( 2nd edition) !



No comments:

Post a Comment