Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Birthday in the City

So I celebrated my birthday this year in London, it was much different than the big family dinner with homemade birthday cake, but was special nonetheless. The kids and I decided to take the tube into London so we could check out Regent's Park Zoo. We had NO idea how big the park was...



We entered the Park at the bottom right hand entrance and the Zoo is all the way at the top left center. Needless to say, we didn't make it to the zoo, but we did find a fantastic playground that kept the kiddies busy for about 90 minutes!!!






We left the park through the Queen's Royal Gardens...I am sure they are AMAZING during the height of the season, but during the cooler part of the year they weren't much to look at.






This building was right outside the park and housed many office buildings and possibly even a few residential homes...


We left the park and headed back to the tube and took it to Piccidilly Circus, where we met Keith at the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. That area of London is a lot of fun, kind of like the London version of Time Square in New York, lots of lights and energy! I think my favorite part of the night was the four of us riding the tube together for the first time...the kids love riding the tube and it was fun to watch Keith watching their excitement...

To top off my birthday, Keith left work early on Friday and dropped me off for a massage while he watched the kids....aaaaahhhhhhhh! Thanks Honey!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment